Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Military Revisited

Last night I had a serious "WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR!" moment. We were heading over to Sunderland to see an old friend perform in the 'Split Parade', which, in their words: Split Festival's sister event for emerging talent across the North East.

In the build up to Sunderland's biggest music weekend, Saturday 15th September will see the regions top music talent play across 4 venues in the City's 'Holme' of music!

Now, when I was a wee whippersnapper, I regularly would have got to events like this, and I don't remember having such a crisis of what to wear!

Then I remembered! This dress, which was worn to a house party, hadn't 'officially', been worn on a night out! And away I went!


Clothing at Tesco Military dress - available here
George@ASDA handbag - no longer available
Belt: Thrifted
Necklace - Tatty Devine
Phone Cover - ASDA - no longer available

And off I went! 

I went with a very good friend, and J and I reminisced about past events in Sunderland, and fun times had. 

Little did I know, that going to see our friend Nadine Shah play, would mean that I was going to have a complete and utter flashback!

Nadine is a beaut: her lyrics are maudlin and powerful, emotive and soulful. Her facebook page is here.







But what made the event special was this:


She was joined by Lucas Renney, ex Golden Virgins, to cover 'Staying Sober'. I have no words. Watch the video, and you'll see why. 

As a youngster, I adored the Golden Virgins. So seeing my fellow fangirl performing with the singer? Just no words. And that is why I'm not a music journalist!! 

There you have it. My Saturday night.

Much love my lovelies,

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment